- Prolonged overnight sleep.
- Falling asleep during the day.
- Feeling constantly tired, exhausted or fatigued.
- Poor memory and concentration.
- Irritability or depression.
- Automatic behaviour in a sleepy state.
- Periods of sleepiness alternating with normal periods.
Excessive daytime sleepiness is associated with:
- Poor occupational or school performance
- Increased accident rate (including road traffic accidents)
- Impaired marital relationships and social activities
- Misdiagnosis as laziness, depression, intellectual decline.
Last edited: 27/10/2003
1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT
(Page 1 of 6 in this chapter).