- Difficulty falling asleep.
- Recurrent waking during the night.
- Feeling unrefreshed (ie easily exhausted or fatigued) by sleep.
- Falling asleep at inappropriate times during the day.
Insomnia is associated with:
- complaints of poor memory and concentration
- prone to accidents at work
- underperformance at work, or educational problems in young people
- psychosocial difficulties
- reduced quality of life
- more frequent use of health services due to general ill health
- chronic dependence on hypnotic medication and sometimes alcohol as a (ineffective) means of ‘sleeping’ better.
Last edited: 7/2/2004
1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT
(Page 1 of 6 in this chapter).